Descaling Espresso Machine
Descaling an Single Boiler Machine
- Turn on the machine and let it heat up to temperature.
- Add descaler into the water tank and release water from the hot water tap for 10 seconds.
- Let the water sit in the boiler for 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the water tank is empty.
- Fill water tank with fresh water and flush 1 full tank to insure there is no descaler left in the machine.
How do I know if I need to descale my machine?
The best way to check is by using a water test hardness strip.
How often should I descale?
This depends on how hard you water is in your area. This could result in descaling every month or every 6 months.
What happens if I don't descale my machine?
This could block water from exiting the machine. If there is too much scale, you might need to disassemble pipes and the boiler and remove the scale. This is very time consuming, so our suggestion would be to descale it accordingly to the hardness of your water.